• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

College students - buy a Mac, get an iPod Nano FREE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Back to school special from Apple - link

College students can buy a Mac (at the usual discounted price) and receive a free iPod Nano (up to 2gb) or a discount off an iPod of their choice. The Shuffles and 1gb and 2gb Nanos are free and you get $179 off the 4gb Nano and 30gb and 60gb iPod Videos. Pretty good deal, I'm glad I waited. I'm in! :)

Terms:
1. You must be a qualified Apple Education Individual end-user purchaser (i.e. student or teacher)
2. You must buy a qualifying Mac and an iPod from Apple or a participating Apple Authorized Campus Reseller
3. You must buy a qualifying Mac and an iPod from June 5, 2006, through September 16, 2006
4. The computer and iPod purchases must appear on the same sales receipt (buy them together)
5. You must submit your rebate claim within 30 days of purchase (watch out procrastinators!)
6. Only one coupon per household/physical address will be honored

Link to rebate PDF form

Read the FAQ

Check your rebate status

I

iRizzo

I fall within all those guidelines but I just purchased my MBP a few weeks ago. Do you think they would give me the iPod if I explained that?

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
iRizzo said:
I fall within all those guidelines but I just purchased my MBP a few weeks ago. Do you think they would give me the iPod if I explained that?

No, you would have to return your MBP. My brother just ordered a MBP with his college discount a week ago (arrived this morning, actually); I called Apple this morning to see what he could do and they said he had to (1) return it and (2) place a new order with the iPod & MBP in order to qualify.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
And for the record, Apple does this deal EVERY year. If you are a college student....Get a Mac, get an iPod free.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
D3v1L80Y said:
And for the record, Apple does this deal EVERY year. If you are a college student....Get a Mac, get an iPod free.

That's good to know, thanks for the tip! I got my first Mac this past December (G4 Cube), so I'm still getting up to speed on Apple's yearly activities. They release this with perfect timing; I've been saving up for a MacBook and an iPod Video. Yay!

Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:

Are these discouts just given when school or college is about to start back or some other time too.

X

xthisisRomancex

yes it is uslay july - september.... but this yr they moved to june - september

Reaction score
xthisisRomancex said:
yes it is uslay july - september.... but this yr they moved to june - september

was this written in some news or u just know it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
they give a college student discount all year round, and they usually do the ipod thing during the summer for a few months. problem was i forgot to do the ipod thing when i bought my powermac last summer :(
-chris

Reaction score
coach_z said:
they give a college student discount all year round, and they usually do the ipod thing during the summer for a few months. problem was i forgot to do the ipod thing when i bought my powermac last summer :(
-chris

i knew about the discount but i feel sorry for you that you forgot to do the iPod thing when you bought your PowerMac. :eek:

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
saurav27 said:
are they still giving printer with this deal ?

$100 rebate on selected printers

Get up to a $100 rebate when you buy any Mac and a qualifying printer. Offer good between April 18, 2006, and July 17, 2006.

Canon i9900, PIXMA iP4200, PIXMA iP5200, PIXMA iP6220D, PIXMA iP6600D, PIXMA MP170, PIXMA MP450, PIXMA MP500, SELPHY DS810

HP Deskjet 5940, Deskjet 6940, Deskjet 6980, Photosmart C3180 All-in-One, Photosmart C4180 All-in-One, Photosmart 8050, Photosmart 8750, Photosmart 385, PSC 1510, PSC 1610, PSC 2575, PSC 3210

Epson Stylus CX5800F, Stylus CX7800, Stylus Photo RX620, Stylus Photo R1800, Stylus Photo R2400, and PictureMate Deluxe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
In case anyone is looking at picking up a printer with this deal, I got an Epson RX620 when I purchased my Intel iMac and love it. Does an awesome job of scanning pictures, slides, etc.

Reaction score
saurav27 said:
are they still giving printer with this deal ?

i think they are giving educational discounts but i think they are not giving the back to school on the printers.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
techster82 said:
In case anyone is looking at picking up a printer with this deal, I got an Epson RX620 when I purchased my Intel iMac and love it. Does an awesome job of scanning pictures, slides, etc.

I have an Epson R220 and before that an Epson R200 (got crushed while moving). I use Swiftinks for my inks; saves a ton of cash and looks just as good. Cost me like $52 shipped for a full set with an extra black cartridge as opposed to about $80 for the Epson inks at Staples. I've heard one report of fading problems over time, but I mainly use it to print CD/DVD discs, so I haven't run into that problem. Photos also print out very nicely on it. The R200 is not so great for printing text (a tad fuzzy); I haven't tried out the R220 yet. Here's the link for Swiftink:

http://www.swiftink.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive your rebate after submission? I bought both the iPod nano (1GB) and the HP PSC 1510 along with my MacBook. I submitted my claim online and mailed the receipts and UPCs last Wednesday. My online status says it hasn't yet been received.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
diesel828 said:
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive your rebate after submission? I bought both the iPod nano (1GB) and the HP PSC 1510 along with my MacBook. I submitted my claim online and mailed the receipts and UPCs last Wednesday. My online status says it hasn't yet been received.

If Apple is like most other Manufacturers, you are probably looking at 4-8 weeks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
Well that sucks. Oh well... it was money well spent for the MB, iPod, and printer. The scanner on the printer has come in incredibly handy.

Edit 6/23: Well, I called this morning for my iPod and heard the automated message. Everything is good... "Please allow 6 to 8 weeks..." Sucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I can verify that you can indeed do both the iPod and printer rebate with the purchase of a new Mac, seeing as I did this very thing last year to get a printer/scanner/copier for $30 and a 60GB iPod photo for my folks for a discounted price. The computer was ordered in early/mid-August, and the rebates came in September at some point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.