photoshop tutorials for beginners

Reaction score
Hi there!

Could someone please recommend a good photoshop tutorial or podcast?
Im thinking about taking a basic course here in town but in the meantime Id like to familiarize myself with it and take it from there.Id like to play around with photos(cloning , etc) and make banners, etc.

Thanks so much in advance! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i used teamphotoshop.com a few years ago, it was a great site back then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Get a good book! There are TONS of them out there. Personally, I would recommend "The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby. An enormously informative book. It is of course targeted at dealing with photographs, not at vector art and other things you can do with Photoshop. However, within this very large usage category, it is one of the best I have read. When you're ready, the next "must read" is "Photoshop CS Killer Tips" also by Kelby. There may be a revised "CS2" version of this book by now - I haven't looked.

These books are all beautifully done on high quality paper with lots of color screen shots to demonstrate what he is talking about. I can't recommend them enough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
coltssaturday said:
so the whole website is filled with tutorials of digital art and stuff for creative people

you can browse the photoshop section if you only want photoshop tutorials. Well, that's usually my web reference when it comes to photoshopping.
just sharing it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.