Conroe

C

caveatipss

What, do you think, will be the significant difference(s) between the current Cores Duo, and Conroe? I read today that Intel has already released Conroe. Thanks! I love you all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I bet we see a new Merom based iMac late this year then, weighing in at up to 2.3 GHz, and featuring about 40% better performance than today's best iMac. That's my guess anyway.

OP
C

caveatipss

mac57 said:
I bet we see a new Merom based iMac late this year then, weighing in at up to 2.3 GHz, and featuring about 40% better performance than today's best iMac. That's my guess anyway.

I am going to be mad lol. I just bought an iMac.

Reaction score
caveatipss said:
I am going to be mad lol. I just bought an iMac.

thats going to happen because they upgrade really quick and the new stuff gets old in one second.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
There is another thread around here somewhere where it was pointed out that Mermon is intended as a mobile chip and may have issues with running in multiple chip configurations. That would make it an unsuitable replacement for the Quad G5 machines. The next best bet is Woodcrest, due out later this years, as a replacement in the PM line.

There were rumors that Apple has tried to get Intel to give them Woodcrest early for use in new Macs, but failed.

Reaction score
baggss said:
There were rumors that Apple has tried to get Intel to give them Woodcrest early for use in new Macs, but failed.

did intel really deny them Woodcrest. Why?? they could make a a lot of money because apple would sell a lot of those.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
coltssaturday said:
did intel really deny them Woodcrest. Why?? they could make a a lot of money because apple would sell a lot of those.

While Apple is a great partnership for Intel, it is far from Intels biggest client and thus not their bread and butter. Intel will make the same amount of money whether Apple got Woodcrest early or at the same time as other vendors. The difference is that giving Apple privileges over Dell, HP, or other companies would cause bad blood with the big boys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.