DVD Burning

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
A friend put some footage from an event onto my ibook but I couldn't burn it for him because it was 7GB and I didn't have a superdrive. Well I just recently got a Macbook and want to burn a dvd with the footage. All I want to burn are clips, they aren't actually in the Timeline. How would I do this?

Thanks,

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)
you could put the clips onto your macbook, import them into imovie, put them together in the order you want, save, burn.

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, if I did that would someone be able to edit the content or only view it?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)
You can edit any video if you have the right app, such as imovie. But that would burn it to a DVD much like a movie dvd you buy in the store. Do a search on dvd extensions (+,-,R,RW) because im not very familiar with them. If you wanted to edit it from that, you would just put it on a computer, rip it to a compatible format (mp4, avi) and then edit it as you please.

K

kinesin

Sorry for the Hijack:

But if your Mac doesn't have a superdrive, but just a play old combo. Is it still possible to create DVD images (iso/udf etc)? for transfer to a machine that does have a DVD R/W (i.e Windows box)

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I have a superdrive now, its just when I think about burning a dvd with video I assume that the only thing you'd be able to do with is watch it not edit it. And because this just footage from a friends camcorder he wants to be able to edit it and a cd couldnt hold that much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
oldnews said:
Well I have a superdrive now, its just when I think about burning a dvd with video I assume that the only thing you'd be able to do with is watch it not edit it. And because this just footage from a friends camcorder he wants to be able to edit it and a cd couldnt hold that much.

The easiest way to do this is open finder. Create a burn folder. Drag all of the video files you want into the burn folder (note: the actual files will NOT go into the folder, only SHORTCUTS - this is normal). Once all of the files are in the folder, click "Burn" in the burn folder. If you have a blank DVD in your drive it will burn them to the DVD. This will not be a "DVD" that you would play in a DVD player, it will be a Data DVD. Just like a Data CD. Hope I answered your question.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.