• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Wii Domains

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
I have compiled a list of the domains Nintendo has registered, and domain names people have registered, check them out! Nintendo can't get Wii.com.

Nintendo
WiiSports.com
WiiKaraoke.com
WiiCooking.com
WiiPower.com
WiiLove.com
WiiVC.com
WiiWorld.com
WiiFamily.com
WiiFun.com
WiiMusic.com
WiiLife.com
WiiConnect24.com
WiiHistory.com
WiiStory.com
Wiiareone.com
WiiSchool.com
WiiNews.com
WiiMagazine.com
WiiPuzzle.com
WiiChannel.com
WiiExecxutive.com
WiiGeneration.com
WiiActive24.com
WiiAnimation.com
WiiChallenger.com
WiiGetTogether.com
WiiManagement.com
WiiBreeding.com
WiiCountry.com
WiiLanguages.com
WiiScenario.com
WiiParents.com
WiiCreator.com
WiiAlive24.com
WiiJourney.com
WiiStudent.com
WiiVenture.com
WiiFitness.com
WiiPuzzle.com
WiiScience.com
WiiBeauty.com
ShallWii.com
WiiGirls.com
WiiBoys.com
WiiEarth.com
WiiMoney.com
WiiEarth.com
WiiFitness.com
Wii sites I found
WiiSuck.com
Wiiarefamily.com
WiiPS3.com
WiiChina.com
WiiLite.com

I know there is alot more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
I have no idea why Nintendo changed the name from Revolution (very cool) to Wii. I think they should just rename it to Wii r idiots.

with that said i am very curious to see how that new controller feels.

OP
BiT

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
By the time Wii comes out or even before it, people will be making websites like "WiiRidiots" or "WiiIsCrap"

Reaction score
I think nintendo just wanted to cash in on the publicity of changing to a strange name, and you have to admit it has sparked a lot of discussion. It seems to have grown on most people now though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I didn't even know nintendo was creating another system. It was great back in the first system when they took it from atari, but now... im pretty sure they are gettin taken by micro$oft and sony. who cares about nintendo, anyone who stayed with that system for cube wasn't really thinking.

Reaction score
Actually graphite, nintendo have made quite a comeback with the revolution/Wii and their new controller, partly due to sony's stupid pricing (ie, very expensive). I beleive when the Wii and PS3 come out you will be able to get a Wii and xbox360 for the price of a PS3. If the queues at E3 to get to try the Wii compared to those to try the PS3 are anything to go by then the Wii certainly isn't going to be another gamecube.

I haven't had a console since the SNES and megadrive since I got into PC gaming but the Wii is looking really tempting. I really hope they make a star wars game, being able to actually use a lightsaber would be brilliant! I wonder if they could pull it off...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm very excited for the Wii and will definitely be getting one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Graphite said:
I didn't even know nintendo was creating another system. It was great back in the first system when they took it from atari, but now... im pretty sure they are gettin taken by micro$oft and sony. who cares about nintendo, anyone who stayed with that system for cube wasn't really thinking.

Graphite, no offense, but it appears you have a very uninformed opinion.

The Wii has taken the gaming industry and turned it on it's head. The new controller has proven itself more than a gimmik, and word from developers is that not only will it be easy to develop for and at least comparable (graphically) to the other consoles, but that it is their favorite platform. From Kojima to Guillemot, they're all excited. The Wii is going to be huge. Mark my words.

Trust me, they won't "be taken" by Sony. No one will pay $600 for what in the end is a game machine, even with a Blu-Ray drive. Blu-Ray and HD-DVD aren't necessities. No one is going to say "oh wow, I'm not going to be able to do anything without a high-def media format!" Not to mention the added costs of the stupid motion-sensing controller. It's obviously a half-assed attempt to rip-off Nintendo (according to developers, it was added within the last 6 months).

Microsoft on the other end is going to be the big gun this generation. They'll probably pick up the majority of the market share if Nintendo doesn't. Gears of War, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfare, Halo 3, and Forza 2 are all going to be/ already are huge. XBox Live is already getting better by the day, and although there was the debacle with the launch, things have been going good since then. Trust me, I'm not one to praise Microsoft, but they honestly aren't doing much wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just really like that Nintendo is going back to simplicity. Making games fun and enjoyable. Those were my favorite games. I don't need controllers with 1000 buttons and 15 joysticks. Give me something easy to use and fun to play so I can relax. :)

I think in the end the two big players will be Nintendo and Xbox, I think Sony's blown it completely now. Of course the two of them I think are heading after different markets so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes you can. And games as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
wii will be awesome. not that we aren't already. honestly, I don't get the complaints about the name. Gameboy was criticized, playstation was criticised. hey, even iPod was criticized. and when you think about it, they are kinda dumb names. but they stick, and sound vaguely catchy. Wii will beat PS3 and the 360 because of pricing and genuinely fun games. I mean, yeah, the graphics are better, but playing a game on the 360 is not that different from playing it on the xbox. and come one, imagine having an FPS where you can actually hold a "gun-ish" controller with a trigger! no more sleazy arcades to waste quarters playing area 51 or time crisis. I think that, just like the ds, nintendo will "win" the current console race.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.