iMac and MBP mods coming?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
From cruising these forums, I'm getting the idea that modified/upgraded iMacs and MBP's may be offered soon. No particular urgency to the switch I'm considering.

Again, I ask, OK to buy now or better to wait?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
Its all speculation at this point, but their is almost definite plans for a full screen video ipod at some point. Pictures of a working model are somewhere on the internet and here is a link to an engadget article on what the next one will feature.

As far as the Macbook Pro being upgraded, it is inevitable but we just don't know when or how. Apple keeps a very tight lid on what it plans to do with its hardware and the public and insiders don't know usually until the week before or day of. Just like in the PC world, as faster processors and new technology come out, they trickle into the notebooks and desktops when prices allow. Intel has a Core Duo2 in the works but it could be months before we see Apple go to this chip in the Macbook and Macbook Pro line.

I guess what I am getting at is that if you wait until an upgrade to the product line happens, it could be months. It is a perpetual cycle in the industry to constantly speed processors and other specifications higher and our biggest decision is deciding when to jump into that cycle.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.