Bag for 13" Macbook

B

bowadoyle

My 13" White 2.0 Macbook is arriving on Tuesday. Can someone please reccomend a good bag/case to store it when I am moving around town?

thanks!

Pat

Reaction score
Hello:

One PC magazine (forgot the name), ranked their favorite products (from laptops to bags). They recommended the following bag:

Brenthaven Bags

The messenger bags got the best rating. The price is reasonable, but you can definitely find cheaper bags...

VJ

Reaction score
I like getting a protective sleeve, like the Shinza or Booq, then using an indiscriminate bag.

I don't like having something that is obviously a "laptop bag" because when I am carrying it around, I would prefer people not assume it had a laptop in it. I am probably just paranoid though.

OP
B

bowadoyle

Hmmm!! That is an interesting thought. I agree with having to worry about someone stealing your laptop. Good point!

OP
S

seinman

In related news, does anyone know if/when Incase is going to release their laptop sleeve for the 13" machines? The 12" is too small, the 15" is too big, and I REALLY want one for my MacBook.

Reaction score
i emailed them and they said july 1st, so i'll probably wait for that too. but i think i'm going on vacation this month, so i may buy a targus 10 dollar case in the mean time/instead of incase. we'll see

OP
M

mattsmith0622

I picked up the Timbuk2 Commute bag from the apple store, and it's great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
mattsmith0622 said:
I picked up the Timbuk2 Commute bag from the apple store, and it's great.

it fits my 14in ibook perfectly; i can only assume it would fit the new macbook nicely. great bag! :biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
jnphoto said:
check out the specks on this backpack Duo 15 Backpack it's like a tank! I just ordered one from computerbrain.com for about 85$

-John

I was thinking about getting that backpack also. Do you think you could take a few pictures of it with your laptop it in and post them? It's hard to tell how big it is from pictures and everything.

Thanks

OP
J

jnphoto

oldnews said:
I was thinking about getting that backpack also. Do you think you could take a few pictures of it with your laptop it in and post them? It's hard to tell how big it is from pictures and everything.

Thanks

I expect to get it in a couple of days, I will post some pics and a short review.

Reaction score
I need a good neoprene sleeve, will probably just wait for Incase. rasfox's are supposed to be of poor, subpar quality

OP
J

jnphoto

oldnews said:

Thanks

The bag is actually a little big for the 13" macbook, it is made to hold up to 15". However, the sides on the inside bow and hold it from moving around.

This case has soft foam on both sides and every edge. It also has what seems to be a a very sturdy piece of corrogated plastic on both sides for added protection. This gives the laptops a great deal of protection. It also has a second plastic devider (you can see it in the bottom photo) in the middle pocket to give extra protection to keep small items put in the front pocket from damaging your laptop.

That is my macbook inside it.

74297550-S.jpg

74297471-S.jpg

74297285-S.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
give me enough money and ill get my gf to knit you a laptop sleeve
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So overall what do you think of the Core Duo Backpack?

jnphoto said:
The bag is actually a little big for the 13" macbook, it is made to hold up to 15". However, the sides on the inside bow and hold it from moving around.

This case has soft foam on both sides and every edge. It also has what seems to be a a very sturdy piece of corrogated plastic on both sides for added protection. This gives the laptops a great deal of protection. It also has a second plastic devider (you can see it in the bottom photo) in the middle pocket to give extra protection to keep small items put in the front pocket from damaging your laptop.

That is my macbook inside it.

OP
J

jnphoto

oldnews said:
So overall what do you think of the Core Duo Backpack?

Ratings scale of 1-10
- Protection 10: I don't think you will find a backpack that will protect your mac better
- Comfort 6: It's a little stiff because is has hard surfaces inside to protect the mac
- Space 5: not a lot of extra space for holding other things.
- Value 8: I found it for about $85
- durability 9: It seems very well made.
- fit 8: a 15in mac would probably fit better, my 13in macbook feels a little loose in the case.
- Style 4: if square come back into style you could give it an 8 : )

Overal 8.5
Protection is what I was concerned about most and this is probably the best backpack for that.

-John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Personally I use a cheap 10$ slipcase that I got at best buy and a backpack (well, slingpack technically). Its cool because its not an obvious computer case, the slingpack has plenty of space for not only chords and extra stuff but folders/notebooks/school essentials, and the slipcase still keeps it safe while inside and doesnt take up too much space. Plus its something to put under when im using the notebook so the excessive heat the macbook is notorious for putting out the bottom doesnt bother me when its on my lap. Might not be good for a more professional envirement, but if you are a student it works well.

One thing though, make sure you get a 15 inch case though. This is really simple but I forgot about it myself- even though the macbook is only 13.3 across its widescreen, so it has about the same width as 15s, so buy a atleast a 15 inch case. Mines 15.4 and its a perfect fit widthwise.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.