Invisible Menu Bar Item

R

roma0104

I am using OX 10.3.9 and I need to help on finding the location modules in the menu bar. I have a menu bar item that does not have an icon (it appears as empty space on the menu bar) but when it is clicked on it says I don't have an Airport card installed and at the bottom it has the option of opening Network Prefernces (which it does).

However, right next to the missing item is the actual Airport menu. It functions quite well and as intended.

I attempted to resolve the issue by turning off the menu bar icon in Network Prefernces. The invisible menu bar item remains.

I think this glitch or whatever it may be is a result from installing KisMac. But uninstalling the KisMac did not solve the issue.

Any suggestions is nice, and I am fairly advance in Macintosh systems (I just don't know where this item came from and how to get rid of it).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Well, a start would be the location of said Menu Items, which is:

/System/Library/CoreServices/MenuExtras/

The one you're referring to is the Airport Menu Extra.

OP
R

roma0104

Thanks. That is where I thought it would be but I wasn't sure which one of .menu files would control that menu.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.