Dashboard Mystery

A

Alan

What is Dashboard supposed to be ? Is it an Application or a Utility ? Apart from the F12 keystroke, there is no icon in the Dock or anywhere else that will open Dashboard.

Even Spotlight seems to have lost its location, or never heard of it. Where is it ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
no... there is an icon in the dock.. or I put one in

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Dashboard Icon

The Black icon next to the Finder with the Face is Dashboard. It's in the Dock right there on every install I have seen of Tiger 10.4.0.

Spotlight is right by the clock and a Blue circle with a magnifying glass in it.

Picture 2.png

Picture 4.png

OP
A

Alan

dtravis7 said:
The Black icon next to the Finder with the Face is Dashboard. It's in the Dock right there on every install I have seen of Tiger 10.4.0.

Spotlight is right by the clock and a Blue circle with a magnifying glass in it.
I meant that Spotlight can't "find" Dashboard, when asked to search for it.

I know that the Dashboard icon is supposed to be in the Dock: but if it's been moved from the Dock and (disappeared in a "puff of smoke"), there is no other location from which its icon can be dragged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
It should be in Applications.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Alan said:
I meant that Spotlight can't "find" Dashboard, when asked to search for it.

I know that the Dashboard icon is supposed to be in the Dock: but if it's been moved from the Dock and (disappeared in a "puff of smoke"), there is no other location from which its icon can be dragged.

It's in the Applications Folder and called Dashboard. You say that F12 launches Dashboard? Then it has to be there somewhere. Spotlight finds it on all my macs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.