Removing a toolbar icon?

R

Redbull

I have an annoying function/logo on the top of my tool bars, where the airport, bluetooth, volume, battery and the time is.

It's an odd logo from Intego/Netscape when I downloaded Virus V4 which turned out to be not what I expected. After removing the programme, I am left with this logo that I cannot remove. It's driving me mad.

Does anyone know how to? I tried every possible solution and no avail.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Holding down the Apple (Command) button while dragging it off should take care of it.

OP
R

Redbull

surfwax95 said:
Holding down the Apple (Command) button while dragging it off should take care of it.

It doesn't seem to work. Here's a picture below.

See the castle logo from Intego on the far left, I just cannot remove it

Fullscreen_1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Look here:

/System/CoreServices/MenuExtras/

and see if there's a file resembling the name of that piece of software and if there is delete it, and log out/in.

OP
R

Redbull

surfwax95 said:
Look here:

/System/CoreServices/MenuExtras/

and see if there's a file resembling the name of that piece of software and if there is delete it, and log out/in.

Many thanks for your help. I figured out a way by deleting all the Intego related programmes/files via spotlight which automatically removed the logo after I re-logged in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.