Audio problems

Reaction score
Hi all, I've a problem with audio on my intel iMac 20" machine. Everything was working fine as of late but now when I try to play streaming videos from the likes of youtube.com I get the video but no sound? It was working fine before?? The sound on my iMac is working for iTunes and other Divx movies and DVDs....

The only new thing I downloaded with windows media player could this be causing me issues??

Please help if you can its doing my head in!!! :mad:

Thanks

X

xthisisRomancex

what version of Macromedia Flash Player do you have?
you need to have atleast 7.0
just go over to macromedia and install version 8 and see if that solves the problem..
this is just a shot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz G4 Processor, 80 GB HD, Radeon 9600 graphics card
I'm having the same problem on my mac mini. I installed macromedia flash player 8 and still no luck.

OP
W
Reaction score
I tried that as well but still no joy. It was working fine but then just stopped I dont know why!! Can anybody shed some light on how to fix this problem its starting to bug me now.

Reaction score
Run bootcamp, install windows xp and it should work perfectly! Just kidding. See if you get the same results if you use firefox. That might help you.

G

Geowge

It was a glitch that probably happened when apple released some software updates. The only known fix, as far as I know :D, is to Open GarageBand, and do something that generates music. I don't know why it works, but it does.

OP
W
Reaction score
Geowge, it worked my good man!! I went into GarageBand and tried to make some cool music sounded like crap but it fixed my problem, went back onto youtube and I've got sound.

So I owe you a Pint if you're ever in Ireland.

Thanks again

Reaction score
That's bizarre. Same problem, same Garageband fix. Anyone able to explain?

Oh, and THANKS!!!

G

Geowge

It supposedly happened during an iTunes update. Nobody really knows for sure, I think.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.