So I spilled coffee on my Powerbook....any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

esbern

I have a Powerbook G4 bought in the summer of 2003 and have managed to spill coffee on it. The coffee spill happened about a week ago. I drained it out as much as I could, but I was told to not unscrew the computer because warranty would not apply to a computer that had already been opened. The computer does not work anymore. Sometimes it makes a few sounds, and one time the fans started spinning, but otherwise I get no luck.

I have a little knowledge of computers (more along the lines of pretty good circuitry knowledge), and I would like to get inside of it in order to as much cleaning/draining as possible.

So I have a few questions.

1: If I undscrew the thing (I have a 6 sided philips screwdriver to open it) will Apple not accept it anymore? For any more problems?

2: This is not under warranty, I assume. So are there any recommendations on how I could fix this myself?

Thanks a lot for all the help you can give me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.