Im new in MacOSX help me.

N

NeoNmaN

Im relly new in MacOSX bot i hav use Linux and Windows before i buy my iBook G4 laptop. soe now i whot a little help.

i can't see my open programs and i can't find my termianl soe now i ask how do i that? i hop i can be helpt here.

Reaction score
open programs are identified by a black triangle under its icon in the dock on the bottom of the screen.

the termial is located in yourharddrive/applications/utilites/terminal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you're using Safari to post here, ctrl-click in the text box and select spelling-> Check spelling as you type. Thank you.

You can see the currently running programs at the bottom in your Dock: Anything with a black triangle underneath it is currently running.

The terminal is located in:

Applications-> Utilities-> Terminal.

I'd suggest reading the 'switching from Windows' guide to OS X that can be found under Mac Help, when the finder is selected.
(So click anywhere on your desktop to activate the finder, then go to help in your menu bar...)

OP
N

NeoNmaN

Smackintosh said:
open programs are identified by a black triangle under its icon in the dock on the bottom of the screen.

the termial is located in yourharddrive/applications/utilites/terminal

okay thanks i thy when i get done on my job :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
When you say "terminal" if you mean to imply your display, vs. the character mode command line prompt, then you should look System Preferences, the Displays panel. System Preferences should be in your Dock (the long strip usually along the bottom of the screen). It looks like a white box with an Apple logo and light switch. You can control resolution, frequency, color management etc. from this panel.

By the way, if you are looking for another way to see currently running programs, I would heartily endorse a shareware program called iClock. The program mainly concerns itself with putting day and date into the menu bar, but among its many options is to also put a drop down list of currently active programs into the menu bar. For whatever reason, I find this more convenient than scanning the dock for the little black triangles that indicate the program is running. I seem to recall from my brief time about 10 years ago using Macs at work, that this is how the older Mac OS used to do it - a list as part of the Apple menu itself. I may be wrong, it was a long time ago, but perhaps thats why it still feels comfortable to me.

Anyway, I am not associated with the iClock vendor at all - just a very happy customer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.