Upgrading my hard drive. What to get?

M

mattsmith0622

I want to put a bigger hard drive into my new Macbook. I'm looking for at least 120gigs, but would like 160. What do you all recommend that I get?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
you wont find a 160 at this moment unless you pay a huge and i mean huge premium so get the 120 and then get an external as i doubt that you actually need to carry 160Gb worth of data around

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
do you guys think current computers like the macbook will be able to upgrade to those flash based hard drives that samsung makes? maybe that would bring the temps down on these machines?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
fasheezy said:
do you guys think current computers like the macbook will be able to upgrade to those flash based hard drives that samsung makes? maybe that would bring the temps down on these machines?

Unless Samsung requires a special XP-only driver for the flash-based drive, I'd say yes. 32 gigs isn't a lot, but for what you get for speed, it'd be amazing. As far as normal 2.5" hard drives, take a look at my reply to another thread over here:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=216358&postcount=6

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.