• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple's "bill me later"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
does anyone know how this works or have used it?

I'm thinking of picking up a 15" Macbook Pro with a gig of ram ($2099.99 + tax) after I sell my 17" G4 Powerbook..

do you have to have a certain credit score to qualify?
what's the typical APR?
It'd be something I pay off within 2/3 months.. but it'd be nice to only have to shell out $1500 at the moment.. then pay off the remaining $500 later.

anyone ever use it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
You will get most of the info you want if you click the link in the store. This service is not provided by Apple or the guys in charge of the Apple credit card, is more like PayPal and has grown since last year, other sites like TigerDirect or NewEgg use them too. Check their own website for more info.

http://www.bill-me-later.com/wss/index.do

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
is it worth it to do?, i couldnt really find any info about the apr rate..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i signed up for it but i got just enough for the computer plus tax, i didnt use it because i wanted to get applecare...then turned out you can buy it seperately(i think) so i could have and should have used it....

but now i have a credit card in case i ever need 3grand that i dont have ;) yea basically you get a new credit card to put it on

-chris

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think i'll just buy it outright, i dont feel like having another monthly payment lol.

Reaction score
I love it, bought so many things from newegg and never paid a cent in interest! I dont' know my limit, nor do they tell me, but i've gotten up to 2 grand so far.

Reaction score
I do not have my new white macbook yet. I am paying for it entirely with the overtime i get at work. All I need is 2 weeks with 10 hours overtime a week, and it is mine. So I says to myself - "If i am sure I will have the rest of that overtime - why not "bill me later" and pay it in full"? So that's what I did - I think credit in the hands of some people is a bad idea.. But - if you can pay it off and not suffer that interest penalty, then it is awesome! The only thing that I hope doesn't happen now that my order is ready to ship is that they release Snow Leopard next week at that WWDC or whatever the conference is called... because that would be great...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.