Corrupt image files - Please help

Reaction score
I am running a 15" powerbook using 756 mb ram on OS 10.3.9
This configuration has been the same since I bought it 18 month ago
The last couple of weeks I've been having problems with corrupt appearing on the hard drive. It is not every file but there is no way of predicting it.
I have tried different ways of transfering the images (firewire and usb). I have tried different flash cards and also transfered the same images to different folders and then I find different images are corrupted. I have tried viewing the images with different software - they still corrupt. I have tried different formats for the images (jpeg & raw) still the same. Sometimes the thumbnails look ok and the main file goes wrong, sometimes the thumbnail looks wrong and the main file is ok!

Does anyone have any ideas - I've attached a couple of examples one was opened and then transfered to photoshop - the other was opened in photoshop they are actually the same corrupted image

DPP07D6051E142831.jpg

_Z6O1761.jpg

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am reaching here, but how much space do you have left on your hard drive?

OP
S
Reaction score
rman said:
I am reaching here, but how much space do you have left on your hard drive?

I working with around 35 GB spare, I do clear the images on to external hard drives on a regular basis - I never work below 25 GB

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Still reaching here. Has your environment changed recently? How much space you have on your system drive?

OP
S
Reaction score
I think, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I type this, we may have sorted it. We changed the 256MB chip for a 1GB to run along side the 512 chip - no difference.... So we took out the 512 and put back the 256 and, no problems yet! So it looks like the 512 chip maybe duff - I hope so...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.