Love my Mac, BUT...

J

jblann

I started my transition to Mac from PC a month ago. I have a small business with 8 computers, a couple of wide-format Epsons, and a cr@pload of camera equipment.

My first Mac is a PowerBook 17" 1.5 with 1GB Ram, BT, WiFi, etc. I like it a lot, especially the screen. I am a heavy PhotoShop/InDesign user, and have enjoyed using the PB 17" on the road a great deal.

HOWEVER, I have a BIG problem with syncing with my HP PocketPC. You see, I have several special applications for it that are unavailable on the Palm devices, so I need to hold onto it as I find Palm equivilents, or hold out hope that Apple will produce a great PDA or PDA/Phone combo.

Anyway, I purchased DayLite, and it completely smashes Act! in almost all respects. The DayLite people told me I had to buy PocketMac to get it to sync up with my PocketPC. I loaded it with no problem, but synching takes at least 5 minutes (it was almost instantaneous with the PC) and sometimes doesn't transfer everything.

The DayLite people seem to be at a loss, so I was wondering if anyone here had any experience in getting this to a more consistent operation.

I am also frustrated with my BT mouse, but that is a topic for another day...

Thank you in advance...

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
BootCamp.
and i think your problem with the BT mouse is that its only one button mouse, and you're used to 2. Is it?

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Or do i misunderstand your problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
biggyme13 said:
BootCamp.
and i think your problem with the BT mouse is that its only one button mouse, and you're used to 2. Is it?
How the heck is Boot Camp supposed to help with syncing the PocketPC???
....Especially since its a PowerPC G4 PowerBook and not an Intel machine.

To the original poster... I don't have much experience at all with syncing PDA's on Macs, but as far as I know, PocketMac is the way to go.
I know there are others here on the forum that have MUCH more experience with this issue, so they may be able to offer more assistance for you.

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry i must have missed that part.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.