stupid question, heh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core duo 2 ghz, 1 gb ram, 256 Mb gfx, 500Gb storage, OSX 10.4.6 and XP sp2
How do I take a screenshot in osx. As my keyboard has no print screen key..... :dummy:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Apple-Shift-3 takes the whole screen, Apple-Shift-4 allows you to select the area you want captured. The files will be on your desktop with filenames picture1 and 2 ETC. you can open them in Preview and save them as JPG or whatever you want. They are default .PNG.

L

Left Face Down

You can also find a Widget called "Screenshot Plus" on Apple's web site which will allow you to take pictures of other widgets and everything. After you take the picture it'll show you a preview and you can save it to your desktop as a .png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
can also use snapz pro x, might be in your apps folder, or a free download from versiontracker.com it is a lil nifty program taht you can select what you want to take a picture of, select an individual window etc....
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You can also open the App in your utilities folder , it comes with every Mac, called "Grab"....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.