Illustrator help needed, anyone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
well, I'm trying to open up some files on illustrator CS but it's just not happening.

Basically, I need to know what to save my .jpg(large resolution) files as in order to get them to open up in illustrator. I tried saving them as .psd files but when i go to open them I get an error.. any help would be great!! thanks.

F

funkdoobi

Matthew_love84 said:
well, I'm trying to open up some files on illustrator CS but it's just not happening.

Basically, I need to know what to save my .jpg(large resolution) files as in order to get them to open up in illustrator. I tried saving them as .psd files but when i go to open them I get an error.. any help would be great!! thanks.

create a new document in illustrator, and go file>place your jpg

can't remember if photoshop will save it, but can also try saving your pics as eps files

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
funk, i've tried both of those things with no luck.. and usually when i try and open up a file that should work it just says "this program had to close unexpectily".. so I dont really know what's going on.

I've tried saving it as a photoshop EPS but it says that format isnt recognized.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You should be able to just drag and drop the .jpg to the artboard as well.
Try repairing permissions and you can also do a reinstall from your CD's for Illustrator. That should definitely fix it.

N

Netglutton

That's strange. It sounds like maybe you have a corrupt file or corrupt program. Illustrator recognizes jpegs. The easiest way to open a file such as a jpeg in Illustrator is to drag and drop the jpeg onto the Illustrator icon in your dock or on your desktop. I agree a reinstall may be in order. Also, make sure your jpeg is really a jpeg and not something like a tif with an incorrect extension.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.