Wireless mouse problems

B

braniffman

Hello,

I have an Apple Wireless (Bluetooth) mouse. Up until yesterday it was working fine for the last 2 years, however after putting in a fresh pair of batteries, it simply refuses to function. The pulsing light at the bottom is not blinking at it's normally high rate indicating that the mouse is operating. I have tried several other fresh batteries to no avail. I have checked and cleaned any dirt that might effect the connections, still no luck. So, is this a common problem with this mouse or is it perhaps time for a repalcement?

Thanks in advance for any tips, hints or help.

Thomas

Reaction score
I had a problem when I changed my batteries as well. I think it happens if you take the batteries out while the computer is still running. I basically did the reverse and waited at logon while the computer went through the process of pairing with the mouse. Now I only take the batteries out when my mac is turned off.

Yours isn't an isolated incident as there's plenty of online talk about it if you Google it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.