Humming Noise?

M

marker227

Ok, my laptop (MacBook Pro 15") just started making a buzzing noise. It's not a flat out hum, but a deeper but rough noise. It just randomly came on. This is the second time it has happened since I had the computer. Sounds like it's the HD, but I'm not really sure. It's coming from the left side of the trackpad.

Whats directly under the left side of the mouse pad?

Anyone else get this?

Thanks

OP
M

marker227

mynameis said:
Do you have all the firmware updates?

Yes I do. I've also figured out that it is the HD. It seems to be quiet now since i just turned my computer on. Maybe I'm just not used to the new computers noise because it's the first generation of Macbooks.

OP
I

iRizzo

Mine is completely silent all of the time. I would notice it too cuz my room is quiet most of the time. The only time I have ever heard it make noise was when I burnt a CD the other day.

OP
M

marker227

iRizzo said:
Mine is completely silent all of the time. I would notice it too cuz my room is quiet most of the time. The only time I have ever heard it make noise was when I burnt a CD the other day.

Hmm. My room is like that too. I guess I won't worry unless something dramatic happens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.