Programs often kick me off?

Reaction score
Im relatively new to Macs. but after the switch, just like you guys, i will never go back. obviously never having to restart my computer is the best thing eeevvvvver, but my computer does do one thing that my PC never did.
Often, it will pick one random program, and just kick me off. it happens with Aim, on average of once a day. which is ridiculous, and unacceptable. But it HAS happened with other programs. so i know its not just aim.
Any suggestions?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
AIM for the Mac is known to be a bit unstable. I have had problems with the REAL AIM client for XP also. Have you tried your AIM using iChat? It's very stable and quite nice.

What are the other programs that you are having issues with?

OP
C
Reaction score
i KNOW aol has done it, which i try to never use anymore, but because of work, and having the same email for 10 years, i have to. i know safari has done it a couple of times, but really not that often. those are about all the programs i use. haha.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Safari if it hits a page it does not understand, will drop to the desktop, but I RARELY see it here. I can understand about AOL! You can check AOL Email on the Web in case you did not know.

D

dthorn

I'd also recommend Adium. You can add AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Jabber, ICQ, etc. screennames to it. It's awesome, I love it. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.