Processor Speeds

Reaction score
a) He wants to play Games
b) He needs photoshop
c) He's all up about power and performance

=====> Get a PC <=====

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual core 20" iMac | 2GB RAM | 256MB ATI Radeon | 500GB HD | anticipated delivery: 7/3/06 -> 7/11/06
I have a client that I purchase PCs for (generally Dell) and one of the new PCs was a dual core processor Latitude (2.16Ghz). I thought it was the fastest XP laptop I had ever seen ... until I saw a MBP (2.16GHz) running XP via boot camp at the computer store. I ran office software, Firefox, and Dreamweaver on each machine. I did not have an official stop watch but the difference in speed was amazing. Though I am purchasing an iMac for myself, I may convince my client to purchase a MBP just to see how it compares to their other machines directly when running their estimating and cad software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
And that should surprise us because....?

Similar Hardware with the same CPU running the same OS.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
baggss said:
And that should surprise us because....?

Similar Hardware with the same CPU running the same OS.....

i didn't say it was surprising. i was just pointing out that in instrumented tests they perform similarly and that the mbp probably doesn't actually perform that much faster than the dell.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.