GRAPHICS CARD for PowerMac G5

I

indiespirit75

I'm looking to purchase a Quadro FX 4500 graphics card for my PowerMac G5. Every dealer/retailer for this particular card states that it is ONLY compatible with PC. This doesnt make sense because on Apple's website they have the Nvidia Quadro FX 4500 card built into the PowerMac G5. Does anyone know where I can purchase this graphics card for a MAC?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Graphics cards for Mac have a different card BIOS (or firmware, whatever it's called) than the PC versions. Therefore, you can't use a PC card in a Mac and viceversa, without reflashing it.
Nvidia, unlike ATI, does not sell their Mac cards as retail cards. You can only get it as a BTO-option when buying the Mac, or try your luck on eBay. But chances are very low you'll find a Quadro FX there...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.