iTunes Won't Read an Audiobook

K

kdc1126

I accidently deleted an audiobook I downloaded (not from iTunes). I downloaded the same book again and it is sitting on my harddrive, but iTunes won't read it. I've tried everything I can think of...import, add to library,drag and drop etc.

I receive no errors when I try to transfer it to iTunes, so I don't know what the problem is. I am especially puzzled because the first time I downloaded it, the audiobook :miner: transferred directly to iTunes. Can anyone give me an idea how to fix this?

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
open it with quicktime. if that fails, open it with VLC. If that fails, change the extension to something else audio style. if that fails, delete it and start over.

OP
K

kdc1126

I have tried Quicktime already and I have deleted it and started over twice already. What is VLC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
kdc1126 said:
I have tried Quicktime already and I have deleted it and started over twice already. What is VLC?
VLC

"VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.