iBook Clamshell won't boot my OS X cd

A

Asoulintime1982

I just got ahold of a Cmalshell today and I am trying to install OS X on it and I can not get the cd to boot. I hold down the C key and it keeps booting OS 9.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
Since this is an older mac you might wanna hold down command, option, shift and delete.

OP
A

Asoulintime1982

makwanad said:
Since this is an older mac you might wanna hold down command, option, shift and delete.

What does that do?? My olde Clamshell same model as this one you help down the C to boot form cd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
Well basically this is what you do when you don't want to boot from your internal hard disk this is also for CD's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Are you using a retail copy of OS X? It should boot from the CD if you are. If you are using a burned copy then your chances of booting are diminished. I have heard more tales of burned CD's not booting than ones that actually did.

If you don't have an official copy of the CD, I would suggest checking out the resellers or eBay for a retail copy of OS X.

OP
A

Asoulintime1982

I got it to work the CD drive connection was lose. Now for another question whats biggest ram chip I can add and what speed?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.