Coreduotemp - hot hot hot

S

superdude

I'm running a program called Coreduotemp to monitor the heat issue with the MacBook (1.8GHZ).

Idle temperature with no load is around 60 C.
High load up to 75 C (try watching a 1080P trailer - - xmen3)

I find that the temperature is awfully hot even at idle usage .

Anyone care to report their core temperature for the MacBook?

I called applecare and the technician says it's within spec ..i hope they're not lying to me .

Reaction score
My G5 iMac is 69 C when doing the same thing. Sounds like the MacBook is doing a great job staying cool. It's not that hot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum, 20", 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB of Ram
I have not had any heat problems with the MacBook yet. It feels fairly warm to the touch but is not uncomfortable when sitting in your lap.

Reaction score
I have to change my opinion on the matter. I am taking my MacBook back tomorrow morning. The temp got up to 86 C while using iMovie for about 2 minutes. Then it just froze. I had to do a hard reboot. Also, the second day that I had it, I got a screen that told me that I needed to reboot my computer by holding the power button down. Then I learned today that that was a screen that was caused by heat. I had no idea. Anyway, it breaks my heart to have to return it, but it I don't want it if I cant even use it they way I should be able to.

I just ripped a DVD with Handbrake and the temp read 89 C!! But it didn't lock up. Just kept going. It jumped from 85-89C and the fan ran the whole time. That has to be a record in temperature.

OP
S

superdude

Keep us posted on your situation ripfrankwhite

So far I've only about 3 instances of please power off crash..sucks.

OP
D

drinkmilk15

wow. i've been using it for a few days now and had absolutely no problems with heat or crashing. in fact i think my dell 700m actually gets hotter than my macbook 2.0ghz

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.