Xbox live Networking. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

R

Rochey

Hey all, this sounds kinda dumb but it works.

i had MAC OS 10.2.8 installed and used to dial-up onto the internet. Hook up a crossover cable to my xbox, go to 'system preferences', click 'sharing'...'internet' turn internet sharing on so it would allow my xbox to access xbox live. everything was all sweet. i only used xbox live to play against my friends so i never lagged up anyone elses game sessions. however. Now that ive got 10.4.6 running on my eMac things have changed. there seems to be way more options in the 'network' tab and my xbox will no longer connect to xbox live. can anyone help me?

i thought of installing mac os 10.2 again from installer cd's and having 10.2 and 10.4 so i could boot up in 10.2 only when i wanted to go on xbox live but it wont allow me.

please anyone that an help i will be eternally greatful :)

Reaction score
if yI'm afriad I can't help you with the sharing, I've never done it, however a better solution, if you're able, would be:

1. get broadband/cable (I don't know where you live)
2. get a router that will share your connection between anything you plug into it. That way you don't need to have your mac on to play XBox Live.

OP
R

Rochey

chuckalicious said:
if yI'm afriad I can't help you with the sharing, I've never done it, however a better solution, if you're able, would be:

1. get broadband/cable (I don't know where you live)
2. get a router that will share your connection between anything you plug into it. That way you don't need to have your mac on to play XBox Live.

sir, thankyou for stating the flaming obvious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
Rochey said:
sir, thankyou for stating the flaming obvious.

That is something you did in post #1. Of course you can run internet sharing on either Mac OR PC to get Live! to work, but why? Sure it works but it's whole design was meant to be used on a broadband connection or LAN, hence the RJ45 connection on the back, otherwise there'd be an RJ-11 like the PS2.

What I can tell you is to check whether or not your Mac turned on/off DHCP with the "shared" portion of the network (incase you were using static IP's or not)

What I can also tell you is that retarded replies like the above will only make people not want to help you.

Good luck!

OP
R

Rochey

IanCT said:
What I can tell you is to check whether or not your Mac turned on/off DHCP with the "shared" portion of the network (incase you were using static IP's or not)

could you please elaborate or this. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core duo 2 ghz, 1 gb ram, 256 Mb gfx, 500Gb storage, OSX 10.4.6 and XP sp2
I have this same problem. After looking about it seems that after 10.2 it simply wouldnt work.

I have my iMac on a wireless network, and have my 360 hooked into the iMac with a crossover cable. When I have windows booted up and internet sharing on it connects fine, but in osx it wont work. It sucks, i'd much rather be able to sit on xbox live and use windows.

OP
R

Rochey

Gimpy said:
I have this same problem. After looking about it seems that after 10.2 it simply wouldnt work.

I have my iMac on a wireless network, and have my 360 hooked into the iMac with a crossover cable. When I have windows booted up and internet sharing on it connects fine, but in osx it wont work. It sucks, i'd much rather be able to sit on xbox live and use windows.

that sucks man. ill have to make another thread about how to get 10.2 and 10.4 on the same computer. any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.