Mount Windows DVD drive?

S

superman.13

I'm currently considering a macbook purchase, thinking that it may be more suited to some of my needs. I currently have a DVD+-RW (SATA) in my windows box, and am wondering if I can mount it to a macbook over the network so I can burn dvds with the mac. I can do this in windows pretty easily, if I could do this in mac os that would be one more push to getting a macbook, thanks!

Reaction score
superman.13 said:
I can do this in windows pretty easily, if I could do this in mac os that would be one more push to getting a macbook, thanks!

Really? I have never tried burning over a network before, I just wouldn't have thought it would work well.

OP
S

superman.13

Really? I have never tried burning over a network before, I just wouldn't have thought it would work well.

Sure, its fine as long as you don't push it, make sure its a wired network with only a few hops, 100MB is ideal of course, and you burn at a lower rate. I'll admit I don't do it very often, my primary pc has the burner, I am just curious if the macbook can do it.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Using the application called Toast from Roxio use can burn CD/DVD with a networked burner.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.