2.0ghz black mb or 1.8ghzmbp?

Reaction score
I have been looking at the new apple laptops and am considering buying one. i will prob be using it for making short family videos and other videos. i will prob not end up getting final cut hd but if i did would the macbook be able to handle it and how well? i also see apple now has 2.0ghz mbp out but i wont be able to afford those so i will prob end up getting a refurb mbp or one off ebay. are the 1.8mbp still good i see apple changed to 2.0ghz ones pretty quickley. any help would be great thanks :headphone

Reaction score
I would definantly rather have the MBP, it is just overall nicer. I really don't care if the MB is a little faster in some benchmarks, I like my VRAM.

Reaction score
Its hot but not so hot that it is an issue. There is a little whine to it, but if there is even the slightest ambient noise, I can't hear it.

B

benggg

Heat is an issue only when doing intensive tasks like iMovie. The whine isn't there most of the time, and when it is, I can barely hear it. other then those problems the Macbook Pros are awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
I love mine. It's my first mac and I couldn't be happier. It's a screamer and I've got the 1.83 with stock ram. Like mynameis said, intensive things produce heat, but as long as your MBP is able to release it's heat you won't really notice it. (i.e. sitting your laptop in your down comforter on your bed doesn't really help the fans out) All in all I don't think you can go wrong choosing ANY mac. And my 15in is very portable.

OP
B
Reaction score
mynameis how do u have a 2.0 ghz mbp with a 256mbv card in it i thought they didnt have those upgrades, just wondering.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks mace because this will be my first mac aswell im just trying to reasearch some more. im prob gonna upgrade the ram you find your stock fine?

Reaction score
bigky226 said:
mynameis how do u have a 2.0 ghz mbp with a 256mbv card in it i thought they didnt have those upgrades, just wondering.

It is the old $2499 model, standard, no build to order options.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.16 GHZ C2D 120 MB HD Mac Mini Duo 2 GB ram
I am perfectly satisfied with my 1.83 MBP, the only thing I did was increase HD size (factory option) and bought an extra gig of ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.16 GHZ C2D 120 MB HD Mac Mini Duo 2 GB ram
Umm well it does get warm, but that is only the bottom of the MBP, normally it is either on my desk (which is made glass) or on my floor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.