• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Adobe Live CS3 *** bits....

Reaction score
I have got back form an excellent day at Adobe Live at Olympia. It was a great day and really showcased Adobe products....the conference is touring the globe and its free so everyone has no excuses....

Anyway I was talking to one of the Adobe guys who made me laugh when he completly let a cat out of a bag. I had asked how CS3 was progressing and they said it was pretty much nearing initial stage completion and had been complied but they were going to commence a beta programme in the next 1-2 months...anyhow he told me about some sexy sounding Indesign features as i was at the indesign tutorial booth. It will have a sexy render gui which will give real time frame information as well as connecting to bridge and giving mutliple thumbnails all in selectable real time.

Anyhow he was saying that once the specs of the "Mac Pro" are finalised.....his face went white and he quickly tried to back track saying "well whatever they replace the G5 Powermacs with" Both myself and a few others lanched on....so Mac Pro is it????

His only reply was that they have been working in close relationship with Apple and that it was inappropriate to comment further, "i've seen test rigs but thats all i can say"

Later that day before i left i overheard that one of the exec's from a computer magazine publisher, who were there...wont name them but check the adobe live website you can guess, had been playing with a copy of CS3 on a macbook in the VIP Adobe area, it was a peasant no go and invite only,so i dont know 4 sure, he said that it was pretty buzzing on a macbook.

All in all im pretty stoked....Mac Pro and CS3 sounds like they both will be coming far sooner than most thought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Very cool, I'm looking forward to these "Mac Pros"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
As soon as they release the Adobe products in UBs I'm making my switch complete. I'm still running plain old CS ;)

Smartz, on a side note, I can't remember if I've I asked you about InDesign yet. I was looking for some guidance on a couple things. Are you pretty familiar with it?

L

lil

I really hope CS3 is a good upgrade again :) InDesign CS2s features are excellent, anchored objects (I'm sure I keep making a song and danced about these!) and object styles are just the bee's knees! Makes design so much easier...

Vicky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.