Smart Playlist with new podcasts

J

JimmyHat

I'd like to set up a smart playlist to show me all of my new podcasts that I haven't watched yet.

I've done on with the following conditions:
Podcast is true
Date added is in the last 3 days
Playcount is 0

But this doesn't work out as well as I'd like. One's I've seen part of, but haven't finished watching still show up (for instance, a podcast I didn't like and have yet to delete will still be in that list). I'd like to somehow use the "unplayed" property of the podcasts.

Is there any way to use this as a condition on a smart playlist?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)
The playcount=0 only means you havent listened until the end. For the ones you didnt like just play the last second and let it finish and it will mark itself as have listened to. Does this help?

OP
J

JimmyHat

I have been using that technique to get my playlists to work out the way I want, but I don't like how specific it is. There doesn't seem to be any type of way to select "unplayed" in the drop-down menu for the conditions.

I guess I'll have to keep doing it this way until I figure out a better method.

:mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)
There is no option to select a song that has not been started at all. It seems to me that you're not explaining yourself fully with what you want. It seemed to me you just wanted a playlist with unplayed podcasts. If you create that it will put in podcasts youve started but havent finished. If you dont want them in there you can play the last second to make it be marked as played and it will disappear. I don't understand how this is different from what you've asked for. Just write back with a little more detail and I'll try and help you figure it out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.