iBook G4 power adapter help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
My ibook is a year old now. Lately my power adapter has been overheating, and not working properly at all. I have to keep wiggling it at the point where it plugs into my ibook. i also noticed that where the wire enters the piece that goes into the ibook, the wire cover is cracked and I can see the silver insides of the wire. the adapter itself gets so hot that i am afraid of leaving it plugged in at night. I went to apple.com to purchase a new one and it was $79.00. 79 for a power adapter, is apple serious????? This is ridiculous. Unfortunately apple has me stuck with buying one no matter the cost. After reading reviews on the apple site, there are 755 for the power adapter alone and they are all negative, having the same problems as me. So, my question. Does anyone know a 3rd party power adapter for a g4 ibook? Or any other place i can get this pathetic piece of equioment for less that 79? I dont want to use ebay because apparently there are lots of these packs that crap out after a year and i dont want one with the same problem as mine.

Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.