Icons disappeared after xfer to iMac.

D

Denco

I just got hired as a SysAdmin in a Mac shop and I'm new to Macs. I just did an transfer for a user from a PowerMac G4 to an iMac. I transferred all the user's stuff from the G4 to the iMac via firewire during the install.

It's working okay, except that in Entourage, the icons are missing in the upper left corner of the Entourage screen (mail/address book/task/etc icons). Also, one icon in Filemaker Pro disappeared. You can click and use the functions as if the icons were visible, but they're invisible.

I tried moving off the prefs and restarting the apps. I even cleared the caches, but it didn't fix the problem. In my PC days, I'd reload the apps thinking that a dll became corrupted.

Any ideas why this is happening? Not seeing much in a google search of the web. Thanks in advance for your help. Sorry this is so long.--Den

Reaction score
First, start Disk Utility and do Repair permissions.
If that doesn't help, boot from an install disk and select Disk Utility from the menu. Do a repair disk.
Still no luck? Reinstall Office.

OP
D

Denco

cradom said:
First, start Disk Utility and do Repair permissions.
If that doesn't help, boot from an install disk and select Disk Utility from the menu. Do a repair disk.
Still no luck? Reinstall Office.

Thanks for the reply. I tried the suggestion and also some other stuff. Finally, I checked the updates again. I'd run them right after the xfer, but thought I'd check again. There were new updates. I ran them and that seem to fix it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.