watching movie clips

M

moeferg

I have a new Intel iMac. I am new to apple so I must plead ignorance as I have on this site before. What do I need to do to watch clips from the internet. I have yet been able to do this yet. I get an error about not having a plug-in for the MIMM file or somehting like that. I tried to download Flip4Mac but that is not compatible with the Intel model yet. Any suggestions???

OP
L

Logan

I downloaded a program called VLC suggested by a friend.. my primary codec I watch with my online movies are DiVX compressed movies.

It read and worked with them just fine. I have an intel-based Mac Mini.

OP
M

moeferg

I downloaded VLC and it still doesn't work. I am trying to watch vidoes on a site called metacafe.com

OP
L

Logan

I was goign to try out taht metacafe and tell you the solution, however the site is being extremely laggy so i'll do this later.

Once I know the codec/streaming technique they'er using to get the videos onto your system, I can tell you a more suitable solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.