Vista Beta 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
Windows Vista Beta 2 is supposedly a public beta, but how do I go about downloading and installing a copy of it? Thank you for any help you give to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
you can't install it on a mac through boot camp, but you have to go download it from a msdn account, then burn it onto a cd and then install it onto the computer.

A

Asoulintime1982

BlindingLights said:
you can't install it on a mac through boot camp, but you have to go download it from a msdn account, then burn it onto a cd and then install it onto the computer.

Actully soon it will be public beta where anyone can download a Trial version. Also VISTA WILL NOT FIT ON A CD its requiers a DVD. As far as installing it on an Intel Mac I do not see why it will not work sinces its just like XP in that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
I'm downloading it now.

So far about 800MB of 3.2GB.

You can get it from Microsoft if you have a Hotmaill account (or MSDN account), as this is a "Microsoft Live" password.
Servers are rammed at the mo, but be patient. Also, you need a Product Key generated by Microsoft. This should be automatically assigned when you go thru the pages to download the beta.

Should have it up and running later. Will post screenshots asap.

Asoulintime1982 said:
As far as installing it on an Intel Mac I do not see why it will not work sinces its just like XP in that way.
We shall see...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
bootcamp may not run it because it is only able to install windows xp sp2, not win xp and then sp2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.