Education Discount

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
I was just wondering if Apple checks into student numbers. The only reason I ask is because I have been accepted to a university and have a student number I just haven't started yet but I want to purchase a new computer for university so thats why I am considering the Education Discount. My student number worked logging in but maybe any number would. I read the terms and agreements and it says nothing about this, that I can find anyway.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Well if you have been accepted you are technically a student there so I dont see why you couldnt buy something. If you are buying in a retail store you need a student ID or something to show you are a student at that school. If you are ordering online I think you should be fine as long as you use the education store and not the regular store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
i dont recall having to enter a student number to purchase with the education discount. i just logged into the store for the school i attend and purchased it from there. i was kind of surprised it didnt ask me for anything but i used my .edu email address just in case

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Yeah its pretty much on the honor system and scared of gettin a book thrown at you for lying.

D

dentzx

how much of a student discount would i get with a $1,449.00 white macbook (2.0ghz w/ upgrade of 1 gig and 80gb hd)?
also do the apple retail stores sell macbooks with these upgrades?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
dentzx said:
how much of a student discount would i get with a $1,449.00 white macbook (2.0ghz w/ upgrade of 1 gig and 80gb hd)?
also do the apple retail stores sell macbooks with these upgrades?
You just have to go the apple web site and click on the education link, select k-12 or university student/teacher and select your school. Then you will be in the education store and can look at prices.

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
Thanks guy,

Dentzx, its about a $100 off, for me anyway. (Canadian here)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
yup right around 100$

C

caveatipss

I just checked it out. Apparently, online, you can apply an education discount without really proving it. Not that I recommend it, but it works.

D

dthorn

I ordered my MBP through the education section and it never asked me for my student ID number and I still saved $330 dollars altogether. If you go an Apple retail store, then you just have to show them your student ID card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)
You can also show them your acceptance letter, anything showing that you had to pay a fee to the school (dorm, meal plan, tuition).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.