Mac OS Versus Windows

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Like I have said a few times, for Me OSX was very easy. Just a few little things like the window icons on the oposite side and Apple-C instead of CTRL-C. That took hours. I can go back and forth between Windows and OSX and not even miss a beat. OSX to me is VERY easy to learn. It's not that different than windows. Just a few little things here and there.
Like D3v1L80Y said, forget it's Windows and move on. There will be some differences but it should be easy for you to pick up.

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
I'm as proficient in Windows as any computer expert I know and I love my mac. It puts the fun back into computers, it's like being a kid again (when I first got a 386 intel pc haha)! Make sure you try out the F9 button when you have a lot of windows open.

OP
A

atif_farooq

From my experience with the machine in the Apple store yesterday I found the OS easy to use. The main difference that I have noticed is the screen resize and close windows being on the left hand side as opposed to the right. It didn't take me more than 30 seconds to get used to this :)! I've sorted out my bank finances today and will be ordering tomorrow morning, if all goes well. I'm really looking forward to it! Just a quick question, and only diverting off the main topic slightly, but does anyone recommend any certain accessories with the machine as being absolutely necessary? At the moment I would like a nice compact carry case to go with the machine and I'm going to get the machine with 1GB memory as opposed to 512MB.

Really appreciating all responses.

Atif

OP
A

atif_farooq

Hi guys - just to let everyone know that I've ordered the White Macbook 2.0GHz today with 1GB Ram. I also took the Applecare package (for only £48 extra!) and a backpack for storage when travelling.

All for the sum of £939, as I got a student discount.

Reaction score
atif_farooq said:
Hi guys - just to let everyone know that I've ordered the White Macbook 2.0GHz today with 1GB Ram. I also took the Applecare package (for only £48 extra!) and a backpack for storage when travelling.

All for the sum of £939, as I got a student discount.

I'm sure you will love it. I have been a PC user for over 20 years back when DOS was the OS. So I've been through most PC Hardware changes and OS changes from PC-DOS and most versions of MS-DOS to Windows 3.1 up to XP.

I purchased my new Intel Based iMac in January and have been using it as my primary computer at home. I also have PCs and everything is networked together. I love the Mac and it has no problem seeing everything on the network including my printers.

It took me a few days to move everything over to the Mac, things such as my email, addresses, quicken data and stuff, but it wasn't that hard. I also had no problem picking up the OS, I bought a few books for reference and I search the web if I can't figure something out.

I also have no intention of trashing windows or the Mac, I'm using both very happily. But, I am loving the style, quality and stability of my Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.