Quicktime not producing any sound.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G3, intel 1.83 imac, 4th gen 20 gb ipod
Hey everyone,
I just got my new IMac Intel Machine in today and love it. My OS is 10.4.4. A problem I noticed was I moved over my movies from my old iBook G3 OS 10.3.9 and at first they played fine. Then I moved over Windows Media Player. Those also worked fine. Then I moved over VLC and now that has messed things up. My WMP vidoes now say they are not encoded properly or something and have no sound. Most but not all of my mpeg's, mpg's , and avi's also do not have sound. It's very frustrating and annoying and you can imagine. I was just looking to see if any of you have had problems with this also. Thanks!
Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I can't imagine why that would have happened. I would suggest a permission repair to start.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah it's insane. I was shocked to see it. I might re-download VLC or some of the other programs.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Problem solved. VLC was jacking up the sound in the MIDi sound output part and messing with Windown Media PLayer and Quicktime. I moved the sound down from 192000 to 41000 and it fixed it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.