buying Refurbished MacBook pro

M

Mills

with all the complaints and returns of hot and whinning MBP's is buying a refurbished one just asking for trouble?

OP
I

iBrad

Mills said:
with all the complaints and returns of hot and whinning MBP's is buying a refurbished one just asking for trouble?

Maybe, but maybe they worked out some of the issues...fixed the grease, new logic board, etc. But I'm willing to bet you'll still have the CPU whine. I had a recent model and mine had it quite plainly.

I'm returning mine today. Already ordered a Macbook 2.0GHz with a gig of RAM, apple care, DVI adapter, 80GB hard drive, and it's still a lot cheaper than the MBP. I know you lose some bells and whistles, the only real big thing is the video, but apparantly it still performs well, especially with extra RAM. Macbook is rated for an extra hour and a half of battery too.

But in a nutshell it's up to you I guess you can always return it if it comes and it's not working like you want. I wish mine didn't have any hickups because otherwise it was a beautiful machine.

OP
M

MACDRIVE

The main thing is to check the screen real close for scratches. How much $ do you save off the price of a new one?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.