Best Torrent Downloading System

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2Ghz 1GB ram 100GB hd
I am currently using BitTorrent OSX however it just stops downloading after a while even with the settings I am using which are allowing ample people to download it from me. I currentlly have max upload rate at 10 Kib, and all the max connections at 10 however after a while the downloading will just stop. I was wondering if there was a better torrent downloader or a way to make mine faster and stop not completing the downloads. Thanks
Also im using port 6889 to import from

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
Get azureus, they have it for the intel macs.

M

MagicBoy

Have a look at Transmission. Simple, very stable and it's a Universal Binary.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I've been using Tomato Torrent for over a year now. Its probably the best out there coz it goes so easy on the system.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2Ghz 1GB ram 100GB hd
Im still confused even with my upload rates why would bittorrent just stop the download its not like I was being a leach. I changed it back to the factory presets and there was still the same problem of it just stopping eventually. So ill try one of these new torrent os and see how they work thanks for all the insight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS
IS there a way to change the port with Tomato? I can't find it :/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.