Font Book or Extensis X1?

S

shanx

I have to say i am a bit disappointed with the new font book on panther. Though the interface looks simple and easy to manage, fonts which are on do not show up in the applications, exp Illustrator. And fonts that are off, sure enough, are there smiling. It's 'resolve duplicates' feature is a mystery even now. it does not remove the fonts from the folder, but merely deactivates them. Any experience with Suitcase X1 on panther? I juggle with over 3000 fonts, I need to make up my mind fast!

OP
P

PowerbookG417

shanx said:
I have to say i am a bit disappointed with the new font book on panther. Though the interface looks simple and easy to manage, fonts which are on do not show up in the applications, exp Illustrator. And fonts that are off, sure enough, are there smiling. It's 'resolve duplicates' feature is a mystery even now. it does not remove the fonts from the folder, but merely deactivates them. Any experience with Suitcase X1 on panther? I juggle with over 3000 fonts, I need to make up my mind fast!
im all about the suitecase...i havent gone to the fontbook yet my suitcase is working just fine and with over 2000 fonts why change when something works just fine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.