deleting multiple files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
my itms library has more than one copy of the song. is there any easier way to delete it than maunally deleting it though "Show Duplicate Files"? there is like 8 GBs of duplicate files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)
There isn't a way to do it automatically, but I found if it's pretty consistant you can just use command click every other song and eventually youll get fast at it. Just do it a little bit each time youre just bored listening to music and itll be gone soo enough.

Out of curiosity, how the **** did you manage to duplicate 8GB worth of songs? I think at the most I accidentally put 10-15 albums worth when restoring songs from my ipod.

OP
DCraver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
TBoblp said:
There isn't a way to do it automatically, but I found if it's pretty consistant you can just use command click every other song and eventually youll get fast at it. Just do it a little bit each time youre just bored listening to music and itll be gone soo enough.
Yeah I've been doing that. I am just too lazy. :p

Out of curiosity, how the **** did you manage to duplicate 8GB worth of songs? I think at the most I accidentally put 10-15 albums worth when restoring songs from my ipod.
Well, I extracted my friend's iPod songs through Senuti as well as my Dad's iPod and when I added the Music folder, it re-added all the songs I already have in my iTMS library again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.