Best iSync Compatible Cellphones?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
I'm getting a new cellphone at the end of June, just looking to see which ones you suggest that is compatible with iSync

Reaction score
Have a look here, particularly the table at the bottom, there are a few types of phones that support all four things, series 60 phones (nokia and panasonic), sendo phones, and the P series of sony Ericsson. Be aware that they all only sync via bluetooth (no USB cables) but really bluetooth is better for obvious reasons and looking at your specs you have bluetooth!

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/devices.html

Is there anything really specific that you want to be able to do besdies sync your contacts and ical (it can only sync one ical calendar as far as i can tell)?

OP
TomyDingo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i kind of wanted to know which phones people suggested. perhaps from personal use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)
Avoid the O2 XDA range like the plague...

not only do they NOT sync successfully with my Macs, despite my best efforts with two programmes which I have bought to do the job, but they are generally **** phones...

offer you the earth, deliver f**k all

I have had three handsets in a year because of chronic unreliability... my contract finishes next week.... can't WAIT to change to a Nokia that WORKS !!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
cell phone

hi

sony ericsson phones work nicely on both my ibook and imacg5

i had the k700i and presently have the k750i which works seemlessly
via bluetooth

regards

Reaction score
i kind of wanted to know which phones people suggested. perhaps from personal use.

In that case, I use a Nokia N70 (a series 60 phone) and it works like a charm, calendar+tasks, contacts (with photos) syncing and file transfers work great. The site I mentioned really is a good reference though, it's the official devices supported by iSync out-of-the-box (you can add support for some other phones with 3rd party applications I think, but I'm guessing you want it to just work with no hassel).

Let us know what you pick!

Reaction score
Nice question. I need a phone that syncs out of the box and also has a keypad. I don't care for email and such on my phone, I just like a keypad, it is much easier for text messages.

Reaction score
Turbo said:
Nice question. I need a phone that syncs out of the box and also has a keypad. I don't care for email and such on my phone, I just like a keypad, it is much easier for text messages.

Treo 650

OP
TomyDingo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone have the Motorola SLVR L7?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
No, but my Mum's Razr works fine with iSync...

The only thing I don't like is that Moto's address book like to create separate entries for each number saved, instead of one contact with multiple numbers.

Reaction score
Yup, the SE K750i is one of the best standard phones about. Great camera, great phone, and works perfectly with iSync

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Oh yeah -

I have the K750i and absolutely love it!
The whole menu structure is well thought out, the integration with OS X couldn't be better and the camera is pretty great as well...
(Check out my posts in the last few "Photos of the month" threads for some examples.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM
Sony Ericsson w810i. Picked it for the camera, saves carrying a digital camera around, comes with 512MB memory stick duo so you can bluetooth music to your phone.

Reaction score
Motorola E815 sync's easily and is a very good phone, reception-wise (I personally could not care less about camera, video, etc., on a cell phone).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
TomyDingo said:
Anyone have the Motorola SLVR L7?

I picked up a SLVR two days ago to replace my RAZR. It syncs fine with my Powerbook, and I love not having to carry my Nano, and cellphone to the gym.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.