Bootcamp won't install

K

kwinsw

Hi,

I'm new to Macs. I've been asked to install Bootcamp on two systems - a Mac mini and one of the new Macbooks (not Macbook Pro, just plain Macbook).

The mini works fine. On the Macbook, however, everything goes fine to the point where you're asked to choose a hard disk. Then, instead of prompting you to partition the disk it says Install Finished and the installed shuts down.

If I open About This Mac > More Info Boot Camp is listed under the Applications. But if I go to Applications it's nowhere to be seen.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can me where i'm going wrong. The system meets all the minimum requirements - Software Update, free disk space and so on.

Thanks

kwinsw

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
hmm... did you try hitting option (alt) when you boot up? or, you could completely erase the windows partition from os x and start the windows again from scratch...

OP
C

CompatiblePoker

I think kw might be right. Sometimes you don't have to hit alt opt and you get a choice between Win or Mac but I have a feeling that is the prob on the MB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.