Photoshop CS2 Making my images 'red'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook G4, 1.33ghz 1gb RAM 40 GB HD. iPod 20gb 4Gen
Hey guys!

I have Photoshop CS2 and whenever I open images in it it puts a red tint to my images. I haven't changed any of the settings. I have used Photoshop for PC but I have never had a problem before. Any ideas?

Matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Most likely a color management issue. I would check your color preferences and make sure that they are set correctly for your monitor. If you are using the wrong color profile for your monitor, or none at all, you will get all sorts of color oddities.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac57 said:
Most likely a color management issue. I would check your color preferences and make sure that they are set correctly for your monitor. If you are using the wrong color profile for your monitor, or none at all, you will get all sorts of color oddities.

However, when I open the images in Preview it looks normal. I'll check the color settings in Photoshop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That is normal too. Unless it has changed, Photoshop assumes that the default color space is AdobeRGB. The redness you are seeing is likely a subjective effect of that. Preview, on the other hand, likely doesn't make the same assumption, and hence an sRGB image opened in Preview will look much more natural than the same image opened in Photoshop and interpreted by it as AdobeRGB.

This is an interesting point for future reference. You don't like the result now, but I actually use this as a "trick" to enhance photos from time to time. I find that an sRGB photo from the tropics, showing beach, sky, water etc. looks richer and deeper when you force Photoshop to interpret it as AdobeRGB. So, I do that from time to time and then re-assign the color space back to sRGB once done. The effect can be very nice!

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well these were taken at night downtown so everyones face looks more red with that effect. Know of how to turn it off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Edit, Color Settings. Make sure to push the "More Options" button to see the full set of things you can do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.