RAM on order

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
Hi All,

Just to let you know that I have just been on the Crucial website and have ordered myself 2GB of RAM for my iMac Intel 20".

From what I remember crucial are quite quick at delivery and I should be getting it in the next couple of days.

I am hoping that this machine will soon 'fly' once I have the 2GB installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
2 gigs may help if you are doing very intense stuff (eg photoshop, FCP etc.)

if you arent using your existing amount of ram then you dont need more ram and are just wasting your money

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
Say_Cheese said:
Hi All,

Just to let you know that I have just been on the Crucial website and have ordered myself 2GB of RAM for my iMac Intel 20".

From what I remember crucial are quite quick at delivery and I should be getting it in the next couple of days.

I am hoping that this machine will soon 'fly' once I have the 2GB installed.

Same hopes, but I've got (expect to receive it tomorrow) (2) 1GB Patriot sticks on order from NewEgg. The vast majority of reviews are favorable, so I'm expecting them to work. Certainly, there should be no doubt about Crucial RAM working perfectly. Let's hope we're both sitting back with a big smile after installing the memory. :)

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
the ram will certainly help if you run a lot of programs under rosetta. they seem to use quite a bit of memory.

OP
Say_Cheese
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well according to my iStat Pro widget the computer is using almost all of the RAM most of the time and every so often the computer seems to visibly slow down. I brought the RAM now as I have th cash and I thought that I would future proof it while I have the money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Got my Patriot RAM today, installed it, and so far, so good. System Profiler shows 2GB DDR2 RAM installed, running at 667MHZ. I guess the ultimate test will be just letting it run, but at least it went in, was identified correctly, and seems to be running at the correct speed, etc.

OP
Say_Cheese
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I too installed my RAM yesterday. So far all is good and no problems. I will keep the 512Mb stick for a few months in case of problems then probably sell it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Say_Cheese said:
I too installed my RAM yesterday. So far all is good and no problems. I will keep the 512Mb stick for a few months in case of problems then probably sell it.

Same plan here. Looks like we're good to go!

Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.