iMac Troubles - Won't Boot Up...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20"
Hi guys

I bought an iMac Intel 20" about a month ago. I turned it on yesterday and it asked me if I wanted to install some application upgrades so I clicked "install". Everything installed okay and once it finished it told me to restart the computer so I clicked "restart". The iMac shut down and restarted but only until the loader box came up (the one that says Mac OSX and has the loading bar on it) and froze there. I waited a while but nothing was happening so I held down the power button for the iMac to shut off. I powered it up again and the same thing happened. I checked that everything was plugged in properly but couldn't find anything wrong.

Could you please help me out?

Jim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
hmm, was one of the updates an OS update? try holding shift while you startup your imac to boot into safe boot mode. if it starts up, manually download and install the updates again.

Reaction score
Hi there, I detailed this exact same problem elsewhere on the board and warned people about what needs to be done prior but for some reason the post got moved...

There is a solution on www.macfixit.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.