Sharing a wireless connection to an "un-wireless" computer.

J

jasonc

Is it posssible to share a wireless connection through an airport express and its ethernet connection to a computer that does not have wireless capability?

just to make this more clear, I have an airport express connected to an existing network, and over it I share music and have a printer connected, can I also plug in an ethernet cable and share the internet connection?

OP
J

jasonc

Heres another question, say I wanted to share that connection to more than one computer, can I plug that ethernet cable into a router and plug some computers into that? How about two routers with some patch cable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yep.. just plug it in, and it will work.

OP
J

jasonc

jasonc said:
Heres another question, say I wanted to share that connection to more than one computer, can I plug that ethernet cable into a router and plug some computers into that? How about two routers with some patch cable?

And if I wanted to be able to remote desktop into those computers wirelessly over the network, could I do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
jasonc said:
And if I wanted to be able to remote desktop into those computers wirelessly over the network, could I do that?

Yep. As long as your computer is plugged in to the network, either wired or wirelessly, you can remote desktop to it. (Assuming you have it Enabled and Firewall allows it).

If you can Ping a computer on your network, you can access it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.