Speaker Suggestions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 2.0, 1GB RAM, nvidia geforce 6600 256MB VRAM, 160GB HDD, 250GB HDD, Dell 2005FPW
Since I disconnected my reciever I'm looking for a set of nice 2.0 or 2.1 speakers to go along with my Mac.

Right now I'm eyeing the Bose Companion 2, and the Klipsh Pro Media 2.1. I'm also considering the Bose Companion 3, but it's $250 price tag is holding me back, but if it's worlds better than anything else I might go with it.

I've tested all three in store, but the demo music sucks and I can't really tell much of a difference.

Also if there is anything else better in the same price range let me know about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
I bought the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1's a few weeks ago and love them! The sound is well balanced and the bass is great.
I'd say if you really want to test them out bring in a burned CD with some of your favorite music to test how it sounds. I'd say for around $150 the Pro Media's can't be beat.

I'm sure a few other members will chime in about these as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Why did you disconnect your receiver?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I just got the Companion 3 - they sound pretty nice, but for me to really like the sound, I had to put the sub up on the desk as well (hidden behind my files though...)
I got the Bose system for 200€ (employee's discount), so unless you can find them cheap (not likely) I'd personally go with the Harmon/Kardon Soundsticks II or the Klipsch.

I demo'd both quite extensively before buying these - there isn't much difference: The sub on the soundsticks doesn't sound quite as accurate, but is smaller & would fit nicely on a desk...

S

Scottluebke2006

You won't be dissappointed in the Klipsch speakers. My brother has them and can't say enough good things about them. I have the same speakers, but the 4 channel model. Dude, they make everything sound amazing. Most speakers sound good, and pretty much the same at low volumes. High volumes is where the difference comes out. The Klipsch will hit deafening volume and still sound beautiful.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Scottluebke2006 said:
You won't be dissappointed in the Klipsch speakers. My brother has them and can't say enough good things about them. I have the same speakers, but the 4 channel model. Dude, they make everything sound amazing. Most speakers sound good, and pretty much the same at low volumes. High volumes is where the difference comes out. The Klipsch will hit deafening volume and still sound beautiful.

Agreed completely! Some of the best Computer Speakers I have ever heard.

OP
slip81
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 2.0, 1GB RAM, nvidia geforce 6600 256MB VRAM, 160GB HDD, 250GB HDD, Dell 2005FPW
baggss said:
Why did you disconnect your receiver?

I had a big 7.1 reciever with a 300w sub hooked up and I just got tired of the bulkiness of everything. It was big, there were speakers and wire everywhere, and since I wasn't watching a whole lot of movies or playing tons of games I decided I just didin't need it.

So it found it's way back to my tv. and I decided a set of nice 2.1's would be best. Thanks for the input, I think I'll be going with the Klipsch Por Media's then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.